Matt Lewis - Senior Instructional Designer
Mustafa Sakarya - Librarian
Featured Mercy Story
By Francis Roman
(School of Education)
Featured Story from Center for Digital Storytelling
Learning to Listen
by Matt Lewis
PLEASE READ THE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT MESSAGE BELOW
ATTENTION DIGITAL STORYTELLERS!!!
In Movie Maker, after you complete your digital story you MUST SAVE THE FILE AS AN MP4 or no one will be able to view your story!!!
- After you complete your story, go to the left most tab of Movie Maker where it says, Save movie
- Click on Save movie to get the drop-down menu
- Click on the first choice, which is, "Recommended for this project"
- A Save as window will open where you can save your movie as an MP4 to your flash drive, or wherever
While you are working on your story, it is in the .WMLP format. THIS IS NOT a readable format!! Once it is in an MP4 format, you will be able to email or post on YouTube or upload to DropBox, etc.
For more instruction, please watch the last video turorial located in the Movie Maker tab.
THIS WILL SAVE YOU MUCH HEART-ACHE!!!!
Thank you for your interest in digital storytelling!
This LIBGUIDE will serve as your resource for understanding and creating digital stories. Please consult the tabs/pages organized along the header for instruction, information, resources, links and selected stories.
If you are attending a Mercy Workshop on Digital Storytelling, please first go to:
- Prep your Story
- Write your Story, and then
- The Story Arc.
You should come to the workshop with the following:
- A story script of about 250-300 words
- 5-10 digital photographs (if you have paper photos we can scan them)
On the Day of the workshop, bring your images, music, and script on a USB Drive.
Much of the content for this LIBGUIDE is distilled from the Digital Storytelling Handbook by Joe Lambert of The Center for Digital Storytelling (CDS). An excerpted version (The Digital Storytelling Cookbook) is available for download (see link on the left). Please consult the Cookbook for more detailed history, information and tips and practices for creating powerful digital stories.